Monday, August 22, 2011

I wonder...


If my grandkids will be using Facebook, if I ever have grandkids.
In the depths of their procrastination time, would they decide to fb stalk me?

It's such a weird thing to think that after about a century, if the Internet still exists, and still has a facebook, you might one day be able to 'watch' a person's entire life by clicking through their photos. From the day they took their first steps, through their parties in highschool and uni, into their bigkid holidays and first house. All the marriage photos, photos of their own kids.

I doubt the Internet or Fb will still exist that far into the future, and I think I harp on about it too much, but the idea just amazes me ^^''

6 years in 6 minutes

A day in California

These videos kind of are a taste of the feeling I think you'd get looking at that lifetime worth of photos.

Anyway no excuses, big gap cause I was lazy about updating this. Probably should do it more, but I haven't felt like doing it in awhile ^^"

Post 11 of 2011 =]
“What if a demon were to creep after you one night, in your loneliest
loneliness, and say, 'This life which you live must be lived by you
once again and innumerable times more; and every pain and joy and
thought and sigh must come again to you, all in the same sequence. The
eternal hourglass will again and again be turned and you with it, dust
of the dust!' Would you throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and
curse that demon? Or would you answer, 'Never have I heard anything
more divine'?”
~Nietzsche

Listening to: Marching On - OneRepublic

3 comments:

Spcogg said...

Whoa...Nietzche?!
You should talk to bill lol, I think he can recommend you some reading material.

And lol, fb saves money for real photo albums. whoot!

Bill said...

Yes, I can recommend you the first 5 pages of Plato's The Republic, that being the only philosophy reading I've done this year (last year my quota of philo reading was a third of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand lol).

And lol, that fb thought is pretty cool actually... I just hope ppl still turn up to funerals, instead of clicking the "R.I.P." button or something, and "Like"-ing the funeral speech put on your wall.

Steve said...

Haha omg I really should get around to Republic, I should have read it ages ago when it was mentioned in year 9 Philosophy! That man had some interesting thoughts haha

LOL that sounds so cold...Though I have read somewhere that when people interact on the internet in general they are more callous and lacking in empathy. Something about physical cues/tone of voice etc. Man that would be a sad world though =="