Friday, September 9, 2011

Not a Monday


Recently I've been trying to eek out a post every Monday.
Today it's only Friday :O

The reason I felt like posting today is because the girl I sit next to in Preclinic (the class where we drill into plastic teeth in fake people) said something I thought was really nice. Also because I have time to kill while my chicken defrosts. I'm not sure how we got to it, but the quote was was "Time spent enjoying yourself is never time wasted".

I just thought that was a really succinct way to remind yourself what is important in life, and that you should not feel guilty/regret the times you've enjoyed yourself (with the exception of all the weird fetish people). The most important goal in life is to be happy. Happy with yourself, and what you've done/accomplished in the past, and where you're going =]

In Preclinic right now we're doing Class V cavities, which is basically cutting a smiley face mouth into the outside surface of the tooth near the gums. It looks super simple on paper, but it is omfg hard to angle the drill properly >__>" It turns out it is helpful to actually get the patient to close their teeth together when doing these preparations, because it takes tension out of the cheeks, meaning they don't pull your drill in random directions when you bump them.
Nevertheless, I think I'm doing quite well in Class V's, which is good because we have an assessment on them in a couple weeks ><

In other news I finally watched Dorian Grey, the movie adaptation of the book, almost exactly 2 years after it came out. Lol. I've been meaning to get that story into my head somehow for ages, so yeah ^^ I knew the general idea but never went through the whole thing. There was probably a nice philosophical lesson in there somewhere if I think hard enough but I've already rambled about that other thing today ^^"

Post 13 of 2011 =]

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870)

Listening to: Nothing - The Script

2 comments:

Alice said...

Hi Steve! Nice seeing you on the webcam this morning/last night whatever your time zone is.

I agree with your nice quote. My response to it is, even if I say I can't find the time to, I always end up making the time to do the things I enjoy - sometimes they're just more important than the things you have to do.

Steve said...

Hai Alice! ^__^
Was nice to see you too! Sorry we had to deal with double-strength lag haha. I should get your skype off Bread or Lucy >< Never spent alot of time adding people =-=

Lolol I think I probably use it as a little excuse to procrastinate ^^" But it IS important to be happy doing what you do =] Anyhoo thanks for reading!! ^^ Hope you're having fun in the states xD