Monday, March 28, 2011

Sometimes...

I think that I live in the past too much. Today is one of those days.
Cue the very first episode of Pokemon The thing is so old the character's mouths don't even move all the time when they talk :O It's stop motion goodness.

"Spearows! do you know who I am? I am Ash from the town of pallet, and I'm destined to be the world's NUMBER ONE POKEMON MASTER! I can't be defeated by the likes of you! Do you hear me? I'll catch you allllllllllll!"

I spy a gyarados, magikarp, spearow, pidgey, rattata and HoOh in that ep.

I read this article in a Psychology Today about how everyone tends to focus on a certain time in their life, i.e. back then, right now and in the future. Also the views of these times can be coloured negatively and positively. I think I'm one of those people who's a little bit stuck in the past; always looking back and wishing I was past Steve for a little bit longer. That's probably not the most healthy thing but it gets me by =] A little happy nostalgia never hurt anyone xD The article mentioned that it thought the best type of person to be was to take all bits positively - well duh.

Anyhoo I suppose technically watching that pokemon episode doesn't count as living in my past, since I never actually watched the first episode until tonight =] So excited to see the HoOh bahaha !! ^^

Speaking of nostalgia, I found a scan of page 97 of my very old art book. I think I started it in year 7 haha =] I know it's a bit small, but try spot all the swords...and the Kakashi - even back then I had a thing for awesome ninja-y stuff xD Pretty sure the thing at the top is part of the view from the balcony of my grandparents house in Malaysia ^^ Good memories!

Post 9 of 2011 =]
Listening to : Jian Dan Ai 简单爱 (Simple Love) - Jay Chou 周杰伦, because everything should be oldschool tonight ^__^

“In life we sit at the table and refuse to eat, in death we are eternally hungry.”

No comments: